Carboplatin and Acid Reflux

Testicular cancer

A group for anyone affected by testicular cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

Carboplatin and Acid Reflux

No. of entries: 13 | No.of favourites: 0 | Posted on 21 Sep 2013 03:45
  • I know this should go into my Carboplatin diary, but I didn't want it to go un-noticed. So, I'm on Day 3 (early AM day 3) after my carboplatin. I woke up today at 3.30am feeling fine except some real bad acid reflux. It will just bubble up and try to rise up my food pipe and hurt really bad. Then it will stop and go away.

This is the only symptom I seem to be having now. WIll Domperidone help with this? Or what about milk? Could really do without the acid. I'd be feeling perfect without that.

Itzman suggested omeprazole, so I will try that today once the chemist opens. I just tried some flavoured milk which has done absolutely nothing. It's not constant, but when it strikes it's quite painful. Laying off the fizzy Lucozade today, back to plain water.

Also, just a quick note but on Monday I had a kidney function test and the needles left my arms sore where they took blood. A couple of days later I got bruises around the area. Since the chemo the bruising just looks darker and is not really disappearing now. Why is this?

• Am currently on BEP and only symptoms I seem to be getting is a little acid, what seems to be helping me is lots of water,  no fizzy drinks and snaking on ginger biscuits when it gets bad (bloody hate ginger biscuits tho)

And Of the topof my head am sure one of the side effects of chemo is a tendancy to bruise easily and take a bit longer to recover.

• Hey Ju8tin,

How's the BEP going for you bud, hope you're doing ok. Ginger biscuits ... now there's a thought. Will send the girlfriend for some when Asda opens. There is no way I am leaving the bed today far to tiered and queesy.

I ended up taking my anti sickness which helped a great deal. But I fell asleep for an hour now when I woke up again it's back to feeling sick and a bit of acid.

I know it will all pass eventually. Just a little uncomfortable.

I hope you're feeling ok bud, stay strong :D Lap up the downtime, that's what I'm doing he he,

• It was the Girlfriend mum who suggested the ginger biscuits, no idea why but seem to do the trik for me.. or a thick frijj milkshake haha.

Am good thanks hope your sicknesd passes for you pal.

• Go to nearest doctor and get omeprazole.

It 100% fixes it instantly.

• Itzman is correct with the tablets he talks about they neutralize any acid before it starts and they work quickly but if all your getting is acid reflux then great news. The other good point is about the bruising when your cells get destroyed I had to stop playing ice hockey due to this and had to wait for my blood results before getting back on the ice and when I did it was a great feeling. 

Andy Wood

• hi

you can buy dried up ginger with or without suger or dring green tead with ginger

good luck

----------

Good Luck to all , wishing you the very best !

• Just realised it's not over the counter. Will call my doctor and see if someone can go and pick it up for me.

@andy, yeah it seems I haven't actually been sick or anything. So far I've been kinda lucky.

Cheers guys.

Page 1 of 2 12Next 5 >