All Done for now

Prostate cancer

A group for anyone affected by prostate cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

All Done for now

No. of entries: 4 | No.of favourites: 0 | Posted on 19 Nov 2012 06:26
  • Hello all,

Still here even if I've been keeping a low profile lately !   Just dropped by to say that I finished the last of my  37 radiotherapy treatments last Tuesday and I've got an appointment to see the Oncologist in January next year.

So, those of you that have been through this course of treatment  -  what happens next ??

Thanks,

John

• Hi John,

Congratulations on finishing your treatment. Now is the time to relax, because the effects of the treatment will carry on for some time.

What happens next depends on your MDT team so I can only tell you what is happening to me.

After a quick check with the oncologist that my side effects were manageable, I had a PSA check 5 months later, then 6 months after that and now I'm on 12 monthly monitoring and gradually getting my life back together.

You can check these details on my profile.

Good luck and let us know how you get on,

Colin

Click here to find out more

• Hi John,

Congratulations on finishing the RT - bet your glad those regular journies are over.

Sorry i have no direct experience of RT so cant advise - but I know that as Colin said - the effects will last for quite a while - I remember John O Conner said he was was quietly glowing for several weeks !!!.

let us know how it goes

Mal

Mal

Free  Macmillan information booklets

Booklets on Prostate Cancer

The helpline is free and open 9am to 8pm Mon-Fri

Click here to find out more

• Thanks guys !     I had a bit of tiredness during the treatment, but perhaps getting up at 7 a.m. every day after being retired for four years had something to do with that  -  not to mention driving my son's manual Renault Clio when I'm used to automatics, lol.  Apart from that I felt I was peeing a tad too often towards the end - having to dive behind hedges twice in a 20-mile drive is a bit much - so I've got myself a month's supply of Tamsulosin and that seems to be sorting it out nicely.    I'll keep you all posted.

John

Page 1 of 1