Hi to everyone on this forum, thank you for posting and sharing your experiences, it helps knowing we can all be here to support each other...

My brother in law was diagnosed with a cancerous tumour in his pancreas a week ago. The doctors told him they can't operate as it's in an awkward position but offered chemotherapy or radiation, apparently it hasn't spread to any other organs but chemotherapy would be the best solution. My sister is beside herself with grief and anger, I'm not even sure they're telling us the full extent of his diagnosis as they 'don't want to worry anyone.' My bil has been through so much, first a couple of years ago he was nearly burnt alive, then recovered almost 100%, years later he was diagnosed with diabetes, and now, years later on the anniversary of his mom's death due to cancer he was diagnosed with this. In the interim he's lost a huge amount of weight, almost skeletal. I can't tell you how devastated (although I'm sure you all know) I felt for him, I couldn't even think clearly. I'm seeing a therapist to help me calm myself as I'm pregnant and don't want to stress the baby out. I'm working with visualisation to help him heal, and I pray constantly. I don't know what's in store for him, or the extent of his illness but I don't want to keep nagging to find out exactly what's wrong, they'll probably tell all in good time. I hope to God, that whatever's coming our way, we'll have faith that we're strong enough to deal with this.