Hi Everyone,

My mum has recently been diagnosed with Stage 3 Mucinous Ovarian Cancer which is a rare form of Ovarian Cancer.  She has had 3 rounds of Chemotherapy which has really hit her hard, (can't believe how sick she has been and how much weight she has lost :-( )  Anyway we went to get the results of the Scan on Monday to be told that the Chemotherapy has not worked, (she was on carboplatin and paclitaxel) and that mum could not go for surgery.  This has been a massive blow to mum as she was hoping that she could have a bit of a break from the Chemotherapy.  The Oncologist is suggesting more chemotherapy and is now looking at treating mum with same chemotherapy that Bowel Cancer patients are treated with, as Mucinous Ovarian Cancer is very similar cells to Bowel Cancer.

I was wondering if anybody else has been diagnosed with Mucinous Ovarian Cancer and how their treatment is going? 

We are all so worried about what the next stages are going to be if this doesn't work and have all of our fingers and toes crossed that it does.  I would be really interested to hear other people's stories.

Lisaxx