ALTERNATIVE TO CODEINE BASED PAINKILLERS ??

Melanoma

Melanoma is a type of cancer that usually starts in the skin. This group is a place for people affected by melanoma to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

ALTERNATIVE TO CODEINE BASED PAINKILLERS ??

No. of entries: 2 | No.of favourites: 0 | Posted on 04 Apr 2010 11:20
  • I AM IN PAIN FROM MY WLE AND SKIN GRAFT DONER SITES BUT CODEINE BASED PAINILLERS GIVE ME CHRONIC CONSTIPATION.

CAN ANYONE ADVISE ON ALTERNATIVE OVER THE COUNTER PAINKILLERS

THANKS

PETER

• Hi Opticalboy

I know what you are saying regarding Codeine, I avoid it like the plague!!! Unfortunately there isn't much else other than non steroidal anti-inflammatories such as Ibuprofen and Diclophenic, but they are not always adviseable with some conditions (they have similarities with Asprin). The week that I have my Chemo, the Anti-sickness tabs I need to take for a couple of days cause the same problems and I have ended up having to take senna tablets at night and a couple of movicol sachets (dissolve in water) during the day,  as well as prunes and a basket of other fruit and veg. It always seems that when one problem gets sorted with medicine, it often causes another. I think if you need strong painrelief, you may have to do something similar.

Cheers, Mia

Page 1 of 1