My husband Michael

Gullet (oesophagus) cancer

A group for anyone affected by gullet cancer (also known as oesophageal cancer) to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

My husband Michael

No. of entries: 10 | Posted on 26 May 2013 11:32

My husband Michael

•  My darling husband Michael died  Saturday 25th May at 1 30 a m. I was with him talking and holding his hand until the end also two of our daughters. Oesophagus cancer is a nasty disease. through this siteI have been in contact with amazing people who have helped me every step. Love and hugs to all. Keep strong. Elizabeth x x 

• Elizabeth, I am so sorry; it is a cruel, cruel illness. I am a member of the Bereaved spouses and partners group on McMillan. You may find this helpful in the coming weeks, months and years. I wish you strength... Penelope
  • Hi Elizabeth I'm so so sorry, don't know what to say but take care of yourselves, I hate this disease also as my husband has it. X
  • Such sadness as we lose yet another of our brave band. Thoughts are with you - peace be with you and yours. Lyn x
  • Elizabeth, so sorry to read this. My thoughts are with you and your family, and I know that your love for Michael and each other will help you through the days ahead xx

• I am so sorry for your loss Elizabeth, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. Keep strong. Chrissy x

• I am also so sorry to hear that you have lost Michael.  At least you know you both did everything possible and you were with him right up to the end.  Small comfort but it will be of some comfort in the difficult times ahead.

Sue X

• Dear Elizabeth

We were so sorry to read the sad news about Michael.  Out thoughts are with you'

love and hugs

Ian

• To all you wonderful people. Thank you for taking time to write a message very much appreciated. Everything is very raw up and  down. Will take hour by hour day by day. Even now it seems a lifetime without him. God bless hugs to all x x x Elizabeth 

• Elizabeth, so, so sorry to hear that your husband has passed away. I'm not really good with words, but just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you.