benign nodules

Gullet (oesophagus) cancer

A group for anyone affected by gullet cancer (also known as oesophageal cancer) to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

benign nodules

No. of entries: 14 | Posted on 26 Jan 2013 02:37
  • Hi allI joined this group a few days ago and only plucked the courage up to post to the group.A year ago yesterday my dad passed away from colon cancer......I had posted in the colon cancer group back then.

I attended an appointment to see the genetitist as my dad his sister and brother and their father plus two of my cousins all passed away due to colon cancer......given the strong family gene I was sent for a colonscopy which came back clear and have to have done again in two years.I had a gastroscopy done too as I have pain just to the right of my belly button.....The result from that was that he found two small nodules in my Oesophagus,distil to the z line were found, he put in brackets probally inflammatory.

He has taken two biopsies and Im waiting for the results.I have never suffered from heartburn or reflux or swallowing probems, never smoked and never taken alchohol.Neadless to say I am worried, really worried :) Reading the internet is not a good thing lol But I do it, torture really.....but Im reading its a less than 20 per cent that they could be benign, somewhere else it says 10 per cent....I'm not so much worried for me but for my husbnd, children and grandchildren and especially for my mum who I have looked after and been there for since dad passed away.... really hoping and praying they are benign and the results come back supporting that......the wait is awful, all of you can relate to that, I'm sure...all the best to you all

• Hi ,

Glad you got up the courage to post.
    Hope your results will come back benign. How long do you have to wait ?

Take care.
    Many lovely people on here . xx

• Thanks Tray.....I had the scopes last week Wednesday and was told the results would be back in a few weeks.....so me being impatient phoned the consultants secretary on

Thursday and she said the same.The consultant will look at the results and then write to my GP where I will be told the results.....I can tell by reading everyone elses postings that there are some lovely people on this board...so supporting of each other :)

• Hello, 

Please try not to worry, you dont have all the facts yet. I know this easy for me to say as I am not waiting for results. If it is malignant then it will have been caught at early stage and this will dramatically effect treatment outcomes in a positive way.

All the best. 

Wease

• Thanks Wease :)

• If it is OC it looks like it will have been found at a very early stage and thats great cos its easily treated and eliminated.So many of us on here diagnosed at late  staging.So shouldnt worry at present.Sounds like you have no swallowing probs,acid reflux etc.Many of us here though never smoked and drunk alcohol but still got it.Dont go on internet too much till you know for sure what it is.Have a look at peoples profiles for their experience with symtoms etc.May help?

Best wishes Griff

Griff

• Hope all results will be fine.

thinking of you .

xxx

• Hi dizzylamb

Once you know what you are dealing with the weapons to fight it will we heading your way. As Griff says, try to keeep off the doom and gloom sites as they are not always helpful, especially those with out of date statistics.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12Next 5 >