Live chat rooms

CLL, SLL, HCL

For people affected by CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukaemia), SLL (small lymphocytic lymphoma), or HCL (hairy cell leukaemia) to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

Live chat rooms

No. of entries: 24 | No.of favourites: 0 | Posted on 13 Sep 2011 07:13
  • I don't know if others use Chat facilities, I seem to have found a few . Some I can keep up with and have trained facilitators and others I am just out of my depth. By the time I have lifted my gaze from the keyboard and posted the conversation has moved on. LOL Chat here is a bit too quick for me it's fun though.

We have a new one starting, that will give us CLLers a chance to get together, being a start up with a facilitator. I've got a chance!! 

First virtual meeting of the Maggie's community haematology group www.maggiescentres.org/community
    Haematology group

A monthly on-line chat room for those affected by a haematological cancer ( includes CLL) .

The first session is: 20/09/11 at 10:44 am

Register now, as it takes a few days to become a member. It's unfortunate timing coincides with the UK CLL Forums annual clinical sciences day, I will drop in from attending. As the group begins we CLLer's may be alone, a CLL presence will help in potentially having our own.. I've  spent time in their "living with cancer" group and the friendship,input and skills  of the facilitator and member's friendship helped. Just making friends who do understand, a place where you can just drop in,share, laugh, rant or whatever without judgement I think other formats are planned, Q&A sessions and special  guests. join if you can these places are so rare.

I hope we meet.

Nick 

• It was great to meet Cll patients in real time in Tuesdays chat room meeting at Maggies, I know several couldn't make it or failed to find their way in on time. The session was co-facilitated by Maggies head of on line services and the london centre. A few of us made it, as the facility is new. Us CLLers were the only in the group. I know a few more are going to join us, give it a go if you can.

The next is on Tuesday 4th October 10.45 - 11.45.

As well as registeing on the site, you must join the group in advance of the date.

I know i struggled here with the pace of conversation, are there chat forums that other CLLers use here or elsewhere?

It's good to talk

Nick

• Thought i would let people know that the next on line chat at Maggies Haematology group will take place on Tuesday Nov 1st at 10.44 am.

You need to register with the site first and then join the haematology group 

https://community.maggiescentres.org

if you have registered for the group, you can access the group with a converstations wall and details of forthcoming meetings. Access your group from your dashboard or from groups at the top of the page.

or click on here:

find out more and register

It will take a day to gain access to the haematology group. If you wish to be able to enter the chat room you must join the group a working day in advance of the chat. .At the meeting time enter the group and an icon will appear, click on this and you will be with us.

This chat is facilitated by Robyn head of online services an experianced onc nurse and Elaine a haematology nurse from their London centre. it's a new facility and many of us CLLers have joined, a great oppurtinity to be able to meet each other in real time, just chew the fat or discuss anything that comes to mind.

Hope you can make it, take care all.

Nick

•  Hi all,

Just a reminder to let people know the Maggies haematology support group chat meet is at 10.44 am tomorrow.

or click on here:

Newcomers It will take a day to gain access to the haematology group. If you wish to be able to enter the chat room you must register with the group today,to gain access tomorrow. .At the meeting time enter the group and an icon will appear, click on this and you will be with us.

This chat is facilitated by Robyn head of online services an experianced onc nurse and Elaine a haematology nurse from their London centre. it's a new facility and many of us CLLers have joined, a great oppurtinity to be able to meet each other in real time, just chew the fat or discuss anything that comes to mind.

Nick

• Hi all,

Just a reminder to let people know the Maggies haematology support group chat meet is at 10.44 am tomorrow.

or click on here:

Newcomers, it will take a day to gain access to the haematology group. If you wish to be able to enter the chat room you must register with the group today, to gain access tomorrow. .At the meeting time enter the group and an icon will appear, click on this and you will be with us.

This chat is facilitated by Robyn head of Maggies online services an experienced onc nurse and Elaine a haemato/oncology nurse from their London centre. It is a mixed haematology group, but we all do share so much in common. If you have never been in a chat room, don’t be daunted we go at a pace to suit, it's a new facility and many of us CLLers have joined, a great opportunity to be able to meet each other in real time, just chew the fat or discuss anything that comes to mind.

Nick

• Hi all,

Just a reminder to let people know the Maggies on-line haematology networking group chat meet is at 10.44 am tomorrow.

or click on here:

Newcomers,several of us get together for an hour and are able to share experiences and throw out questions to the group.  It will take a day to gain access to the haematology group. If you wish to be able to enter the chat room you must register with the group today, to gain access tomorrow. .At the meeting time enter the group and an icon will appear, click on this and you will be with us.

This chat is facilitated by Robyn head of Maggies online services an experienced onc nurse and Elaine a haemato/oncology nurse from their London centre. It is a mixed haematology group, but we all do share so much in common. If you have never been in a chat room, don’t be daunted we go at a pace to suit, it's a new facility and many of us CLLers have joined, a great opportunity to be able to meet each other in real time, just chew the fat or discuss anything that comes to mind.

Nick

• Hi all,

Just a reminder to let people know the Maggies on-line haematology networking group chat meet is at 10.44 on this coming Tuesday..

https://community.maggiescentres.org Register with the site and then the  group first.

Click on here to:find out more and register

Newcomers, several of us get together for an hour and are able to share experiences, just chat and throw out questions to the group.  It takes a day to gain access to the haematology networking group. If you wish to be able to enter the chat room you must register with the group a day or so before, to gain access on the day. .At the meeting time enter the group and an icon will appear, click on this and you will be with us.

This chat is facilitated by Robyn head of Maggies online services an experienced onc nurse and Elaine a haemato/oncology nurse from their London centre. It is a mixed haematology group, but we all do share so much in common. (the majority are CLLs) If you have never been in a chat room, don’t be daunted we go at a pace to suit, it's a new facility a great opportunity to be able to meet each other in real time and  discuss anything that comes to mind.

Nick

• Hi all,

Just a reminder to let people know the Maggies on-line haematology networking group chat meet is at 10.44 yomorrow.

https://community.maggiescentres.org Register with the site and then the  group first.

Click on here to:find out more and register

Newcomers, several of us get together for an hour and are able to share experiences, just chat and throw out questions to the group.  It takes a day to gain access to the haematology networking group. If you wish to be able to enter the chat room you must register with the group a day or so before, to gain access on the day. .At the meeting time enter the group and an icon will appear, click on this and you will be with us.

This chat is facilitated by Robyn head of Maggies online services an experienced onc nurse and Elaine a haemato/oncology nurse from their London centre. It is a mixed haematology group, but we all do share so much in common. (the majority are CLLs) If you have never been in a chat room, don’t be daunted we go at a pace to suit,  typos are unimportant. it's a new facility a great opportunity to be able to meet each other in real time and  discuss anything that comes to mind. 

You may find this amusing, a friend sent it to me today, I feel better now when talking online ( :

To my  'selected' strange-minded friends

and for your information, this is what my emails would look like if not for the delete key.....
    Only great minds can  read this. supposely
    If you can raed this,  you have a sgtrane mnid, too.

7H15  M3554G3
    53RV35 7O  PR0V3
    H0W 0UR  M1ND5 C4N
    D0 4M4Z1NG  7H1NG5!
    1MPR3551V3  7H1NG5!
    1N 7H3  B3G1NN1NG
    17 WA5 H4RD  BU7
    N0W, 0N  7H15 LIN3
    Y0UR M1ND  1S
    R34D1NG  17
    4U70M471C4LLY
    W17H 0U7  3V3N
    7H1NK1NG  4B0U7 17,
    B3 PROUD!  0NLY
    C3R741N  P30PL3 C4N
    R3AD  7H15.

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out  of 100 can.  The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch  at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a  word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in  the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it  whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseaethe huamn mnid deos not raed ervey  lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas  tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Nick

Page 1 of 3 123Next 5 >