hi

Breast cancer

Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the UK. Men can also develop breast cancer, although this is rare. This group is for anyone affected by breast cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

hi

No. of entries: 4 | Posted on 19 May 2013 12:32

hi

• just want to say hello i have just had a masectomy with reconstruction came home yesterday pain is there what can i expect next xx

• Hi mum of two, well done! Don't suffer with pain but use ibrubufen and paracetamol to their max so that your on top of the pain before it can take hold. Having said that most women find the mx op pretty doable. If you tell us more there are loads of lovely ladies who wil support/help/advise/sympathise. This forum is a mine of great people so welcome. Ethel x
  • I second Ethel - do NOT put up with pain; there are no medals for suffering when you do not need to suffer lol! A diagnosis of BC is such a shock to the system and you are still at the early stages and need our support. Please post when you have any questions or simply want to have a rant... we are all here to support you if you need somewhere 'safe'.

Best wishes

KateG

• thank you for the reply it just feels like a whirlwind since diagnosis to i finished work and felt like i had lost my job,

my kids are only 9and 10 and are dealing with it in there own way its really tough as not used to not be able to do anything i now have to wait for results and next steps they arecsaying becausevof my age willbprob do chemo and maybe or radiotherpy so still not sure whats next and all seems so unsure, x