Feeling in breast

Breast cancer

Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the UK. Men can also develop breast cancer, although this is rare. This group is for anyone affected by breast cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

Feeling in breast

No. of entries: 3 | Posted on 16 Feb 2013 05:25
  • Hello everyone, I had a lumpectomy on the 14th of jan, with no cancer fund in lymph nodes, I am about to start radiotherapy and I have been on tamoxifen for 3 weeks, I was in the shower and noticed on y breast where I had the surgery a long vein type feeling under the breast, I looked at the image of the breast and think this might be a milk duct, anyone else experienced this, anyhelp much appreciated, much love to everyone.x
  • I think that others will agree that after the op there are numerous lumps and bumps.  I had my operation on 2nd January and have a lump which I think may be from the operation.  I have seen onchologist who has not raised any concerns.  i also have the long vein type under the breast where the lump was removed.  Take care sue x

• I think this might be Mondor's cording. I had several of these following WLE/SNB (before radiotherapy) running under my breast and down across my ribs. They were very tender/painful at first but now, 9 months on, have almost gone away. There is information here about them (my BCN had not heard of them but I had them confirmed by my surgeon at a follow-up visit):

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/breast-awareness/benign-breast-conditions/mondors%C2%A0disease

I'm sorry, don't know how to do it as a link but information can be found on the Breast Cancer Care website under the Benign Breast conditions tab if it doesn't work as a link.

hmd

Page 1 of 1