End of FEC Taxotare in 2 weeks. What to expect?

Breast cancer

Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the UK. Men can also develop breast cancer, although this is rare. This group is for anyone affected by breast cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

No. of entries: 4 | Posted on 15 Feb 2013 02:40

• Finished FEC this week. Wasn't wonderful but I made it. What do I expect with Taxotare, more of the same? When I had my 2nd FEC the patient in the next char having her 1st Taxotare had a severe reaction and had to be admitted. It scared me. Anyone else know about this effect?
  • Gail I have had 3 tax so far and been good days 4 and 5 are the worst for me just very tired. I think if you are going to get a reaction it happens in the first few mins and they will be on standby for this. I don't think it happens that often so wouldn't worry. Hope you got your wig sorted on 6th and feel like you are now getting through your poison cycles fingers crossed everything is doing its job Love Wendy x x
  • Wendy will you be having your surgery straight after the Tax.
  • Assume fairly soon after appointment next week with surgeon to discuss and hopefully get a timescale or even a date Wendy