Breast cancer in my lymph glands 11 years on

Breast cancer

Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the UK. Men can also develop breast cancer, although this is rare. This group is for anyone affected by breast cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

No. of entries: 5 | Posted on 22 Nov 2012 03:35

• Hi I am new to this group and just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar situation, I had breast cancer 11 years ago and just found a lump under my arm and had a biopsy done on it and his had been confirmed as cancer, I am now waiting to have a CT scan to see if it has gone any further, I have an operation on the 5th of December to have it and my lymph glans removed. Just wonder if anyone has had a lump like this and the likelihood of the cancer remaining in the glands. Thanks Jac
  • Hi Jacqualyn

Sorry that your in this situation.  I am in a similar situation got cancer in a few of my lymph nodes and do worry how much further it has gone, got to have a mx on 4th December and then chemo and rads after so fingers x

Hugs to you

Kiera

• Good luck Honey it's all a Bit poo this cancer thing xx
  • Thx yeah it  is so scarey not coping too well at mo

• Do you mean lymph glands or lymph nodes?

Lymph nodes are attached to your breast so the most likely place for cancer to spread to.  Is it the same side?  I had a big lump under my arm and this was removed with my breast.....