chemo day 2moro

Breast cancer

Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the UK. Men can also develop breast cancer, although this is rare. This group is for anyone affected by breast cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

chemo day 2moro

No. of entries: 7 | Posted on 09 Oct 2012 06:44
  • 1st chemo day 2moro getting really nervous and saw the room were i will be not what i expected i thought it would be a room on ur own but its not is it, and not very nice looking around seeing im the youngest person there 24 years old is any1 else same age as me on this site xx 

Amyxx

• Hi, I'm not as young as you but I do see myself as a young breast cancer fighter at 31! There was a 26 year old having surgery the same day as me in my ward so you're not alone. I had my second FEC chemo yesterday and it's not as bad as I was expecting. I think age is on our side regarding side effects. Just make sure you take your anti sickness for the first couple of days, I get domperidone and they are so effective, I've not been sick only felt nauseous but the pills work great. Good luck for tomorrow X
    Strong willed x
  • Yes the rooms are a bit grim and the average age does tend to be a bit older - I guess this is to be expected as people are more likely to get cancer as they age.  I felt young in there and I'm 40.  Good luck with chemo 1.  Apart from feeling a bit cold and the initial needle going into your arm there's not much to it really.  I'd advise not eating beforehand or only having something light like a banana and drink plenty of water / fluids.  Also I found that lying down later if/when feeling giddy tends to bring on the sickness so avoid that if you can. And take the anti-sickness they give you even if you don't feel sick.  Some music to listen to is also a good idea,

Good luck.

http://phantomwavelengths.blogspot.co.uk

• Hi Amy, I'm 29, diagnosed at 28. I'm on my 5th chemo, last one next week. Have a read of my blog if you like, link below as it tells you a bit about what I've been through. Or feel free to private message me on here if there's anything you want to ask me. Jelly x
    http://thelittlestjojo.blogspot.co.uk/
  • thank you for your replies, just not fair is it y should any1 go through this and as a 24year old i should be havong fun and enjoying life :-( yer when i went in to have a look it was strange soon as i stepped in i got a cold shiver sll over my body really weird didnt like it, thanks for the advice xxx

Amyxx

• Hi Amy,

I felt young and I'm 45 - I am so sorry you're having to go through this too - I had a fear of even going to the Oncology area cos it looked soooo clinical. Having said that, everyone was really nice and I did soon get used to it. Hope you are able to take someone with you for support and company. Will be thinking of you. Hugs. Cassie xxxx

Fortune favours the bold

• Hi Amy,

Hope your chemo went ok and your not suffering to many nasty side effects, I have met several young girls with breast cancer but nearer 30 than 24. I hope you found the unit to be friendy , I usually try to get chatting and have made a few friends excahnged numbers etc.........

I friend requested you, if you want to chat, im very young at heart so im told :P  lol x

J Grant

Page 1 of 1