NICE guidelines relating to treatment timescales?

Breast cancer

Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the UK. Men can also develop breast cancer, although this is rare. This group is for anyone affected by breast cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

No. of entries: 4 | Posted on 06 Oct 2012 10:53

• Hi everyone

Just wondered whether you can point me in the direction of some NHS or NICE guidance relating to waiting times for cancer treatment?

Many thanks

LM

• I suggest you contact the nurses here on this. They operate Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm 0808 808 0000. I'm sure they'll have answers.

Best wishes

KateG

• Hi Lady Muck,

You can find all NICE guidance on their website. The breast cancer-related guidances can be found at

http://www.nice.org.uk/Search.do?x=22&y=12&searchText=breast+cancer&newsearch=true#/search/?reload

The Quality Standard which was published in September 2011 might be what you're looking for.

If you can't find what you want, do email them. I do quite a bit of work with different parts of NICE (but nothing to do with cancer at the moment) but they are a very friendly and helpful bunch and would be happy to point you in the right direction.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Shelley xx

• Thanks both.

Just want to go armed on Weds. My treatment so far has been great, but the BCN muttered something about a waiting list for Chemo the other day which rather made me worry.

LM x