I'm a newbie

Breast cancer

Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the UK. Men can also develop breast cancer, although this is rare. This group is for anyone affected by breast cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

I'm a newbie

No. of entries: 10 | No.of favourites: 0 | Posted on 19 Jan 2013 03:15
  • Hello, i was diagnosed with DCIS in december and had WLE on wednedsay, I know it's a very early BC so i shouldn't be feeling the way i do but i am absolutely terrified that the wont get a clear margin and i'll either have to have a 2nd WLE or MX i've been told they haven't dismissed MX yet! My cancer has already gone from being 5mm to nearly 3cm and thats before the op, 3cm is still small but to me its 3cm to much.

I'm too scared to ask questions for fear of what they might tell me. I have to wait until 31st jan to get results which is already driving me crazy, all i seem to think about is cancer. I lost my sister to cancer a few years ago and that is playing on my mind too.

You ladies will probably think i'm being really stupid but i just cant seem to think straight I haven't had a good nights sleep in 4 weeks.

Lynnie57

• No one stupid on here ,I didn't ( don't sleep) either . Welcome and I know your get help as I do . I tend to only ask the questions I can cope with the answer to ! Not saying the answers are dreadful at all ,just I am doing a baby step at a time . There are no rules to how you do things or take things on board . I have BC 32mm lump , having chemo 2 /6 cycle just done and awaiting genetic testing for operation thoughts. Take care xx
  • Hi Lynnie

I know how you feel I felt the same way as you when I was diagnosed I have never been as terrified in my life.  At first they told me although I would have to have mx I could have immediate reconstruction so that wasnt too bad, but when they had got results they said it had gone to my lymph nodes so wouldn't be able to have immediate reconstruction although its not as bad as I thought.

I was really terrified when they told me it had gone to my lymph nodes and every little pain I got I was convinced it had spread throughout my body, but all my bone and body scans came back clear.  I have now just started chemo and having radiotherapy after just to be sure I think its just important to take one step at a time.

Don't ever feel silly how your feeling is completely normal everyone with BC has been there I used to have panic attacks in the night.

All the best with your treatment.  Virtual hugs

Kiera  xx

There will be sunshine after the rain

• hi

im like that too couldnt cope with the details when i was dx in november had mx and anc as 2 lymph nodes involved. I have only just gone through my path report witth nurse after first chemo 1 step at a time is enough.

jenny xx

• Hi linnie57. OMG I know exactly how you feel and you are far from stupid and of course it's going to be on your mind the whole time at the moment. I went through a whole bottle of Bach Rescue Remedy in the first 3 weeks after diagnosis. It's a very scary thing we are all dealing with and you've made a giant step posting on this site. I've found there is always someone out there whos been through the same thing and is willing to share their experiences. Plus there's all the information you need right here on the Macmillan website. You'll probably find that you can't take it in all in one go so I've taken things slowly - one step at a time. The uncertainty of what is in store for you is bound to drive you up the wall but we've to sit tight as best we can. I've heard it's a bit easier to cope with when we have a treatment plan in place. Here's hoping! I'm so sorry about your sister. It must make it worse for you carrying round the knowledge of what she went through. I wish you the best of luck. Keep strong.

Chodgy xx

• Hello, thanks for your reply, I believe i am doing baby steps too i find it easier to cope with, you are so brave going through chemo, I wish you well and hope the treatment is not too harsh. They mentioned genetic testing to me as I have 2 daughters. Hugs to you xx

Lynnie57

• Hi Chodgy, I have been reading some of the information on this site and it is helpful, I'm going to try and put some questions together for when i get my results. Cancer is not new to the family but this really seems to have knocked me for 6. I am hoping that once I get a treatment plan it will make this a little easier.The are so many brave people on here I can't believe how much some have to cope with. It's good to have other people in a similar situation to talk to. Many thanks for taking time to read my post. I wish you well in.

Lynnie57

• Omg Keira you have been through it haven't you I don't know how you've coped, You are so brave I hope the chemo is going well and there are not too many side effects. I think i will be better once I get a treatment plan and no the surgery was successful. A good nights sleep would help too. I will be taking this one step at a time. I've started to read the information provided on this site which is helping. All the best to you big hugs x

Lynnie57

Page 1 of 2 12Next 5 >