TRIPLETS TRIPLETS TRIPLETS ! ! !

Bowel (colon & rectum) cancer

A group for anyone affected by colon, rectal or small bowel cancer to get together, ask questions, share experiences and support each other.

TRIPLETS TRIPLETS TRIPLETS ! ! !

No. of entries: 8 | Posted on 12 Dec 2012 11:53
  • Oh I could scream, once againI have been unable to post a reply on the last thread I started. I start a new thread title and it works...............why? Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I have contacted admin three times over this and had no reply. Anyone got a solution, I type my message, click on publish and nothing happens. So really need to know how everyone is? Tina I am sorry to hear they can`t offer a trial, but glad Bob is feeling well. I have tried to contact Alison via hotmail but sorry to say I have had no reply. Cybermamc..............I remember you, seems a long time ago we chatted, thank you for your lovely words. Harry is still in remission, last CEA in Oct was 2.4. He saw the bowel surgeon in Nov who is concerned about the abdominal hernias,we thought there was 2, it appears there are 3! The surgery would be considerable he said, a week in hospital, plus 6 weeks recovery. He is on the waiting list which is 18 weeks! His next ct is in Jan, so fingers x`d that will be good news so the hernia op can go ahead. I am tryng very hard to look forward to Christmas, struggling inwardly because of the loss of my Mum. Anyway I hope you are all keeping your spirits up and alive for those who are no longer with us. Love to you all. xx

Anne

• I have given up posting comments or replying to anybody as it takes me half an hour to fathom out the log in system on this site. I, too have written to admin on numerous occasions. 

I have had operation in April, finished chemo., last week and now waiting to sort out a hernia via keyhole surgery in the New Year. I did not realise that it would be 6 week recovery as you mentioned above.

Never mind. I am keeping my chin up and am going dancing this Friday. I have also joined an Argentinian tango class. Better that than sitting at home worrying!!!

Not bothering much about Xmas. Roast chicken, mash and salad for my ,lot. They are grown up sons and will most likely be in bed all day.

All the best.

• Hi Jodie, oh good luck wih everything, chemo is awful but my husband is stil here 5 years later because of it. His op will be massive surgery, the three hernias have been caused by the 5 abdominal ops he`s already had! I think with keyhole the recovery period will be much shorter. This site drives me insane, I have been on here for almost 5 years, used it a lot. Then this year problems with posting. Its happened again tonight, I try to post on my old thread and its dead, nothing happens. So I start a new thread as I have done tonight, will be able to reply maybe once or twice, then that thread dies. Weird. Anyway , enjoy the tango class..............sounds fun, something we all need. xx

Anne

• Hi Ann

Don't scream !!!  I was also having trouble with this new "improved" web site as were many others it seems.  As if we don't have enough to deal with. I'd type a message and then it would disappear and I couldn't turn lines or comment on posts.

Anyway, help is at hand, one lovely lady, whose name escapes me said that admin had recommended she change her browser to Google Chrome.  I've done this and it works a treat.

~Good luck

Estelle

E Merriman

• Just checking its still working.......................yippee! I wanted to send love to Gary, you and your darling Clare are never ever forgotten xxx

Anne

• Jody, 

I hope you have a great time dancing tonight and really enjoy the Argentinian Tango classes. Anything which takes our mind off worrying has to be a good thing!  I really enjoy watching the Latin dances on Strictly Come Dancing. 

Very best wishes for Christmas and for a Happy and Healthy New Year. 

Matt

Matt

• Hi Anne, thanks for thinking of Claire. It's the first time I've been on here for months and it does take getting used to doesn't it? I decided to come on here after last night's Strictly. Claire was an avid Strictly fan, and passed away the morning after Chris Hollins won it in 2009 (Chris "was her favourite") :-)

Last night there were 3 worthy finalists but, as soon as Louis and Flavia started dancing to "Rule the World", we knew who the winner would be even before the votes were cast. The song has very special meaning for Kate, Rob, Claire and me - not to mention the fact that Claire would have found Louis cute.

My thoughts are with you all

Love

Gary

-------------------------
    One step at a time

• What made me pop in here tonight? Just a feeling and here you are Gary...............my very own Wise Man. We are all fine, Harry is looking very good apart from 3 large abdominal hernias, more surgery on the horizon. Hi secret I think is............his allotment, esp his shed which is complete with leather arm chair, cooker etc and three g&t`s a night!!! I myself am not a strictly fan but then I hardly get a chance to choose what I want to watch with the trio! I know though that watching something that your child loved can be very comforting, Matthews great love was Formula one. So here we are, the end of another year, a particularly sad one for me losing my Mum, its a strange feeling when both your parents have gone, I just hope and hope they are now with Matthew. To all of you I have met on here I wish with all my heart you have a very happy Christmas and most of all strength and hope to beat this terrible illness. Love and peace to you all. xxx

Anne

Page 1 of 1