Urgent. How do I contact a macmillan nurse at the weekend

New to the site

If you've just joined up and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us a bit about what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction

No. of entries: 4 | Posted on 15 May 2010 12:58

• Desperately seeking a macmillan nurse to help urgently, but all the contact information here is Mon-Fri.  Can anyone help.

• Hi Eseemoscow,

I have searched the web, but there does not to seem to be  telephone support from Macmillan nurses at weekends love, however they do say if you need out of hours support to contact NHS direct and explain your circumstances.

So sorry that things are so urgent, hope this helps you love.

Love Maryxxxxx

• Have you tried ringing your nearest cancer hospice. They will at least be manned and might be able to point someone in your direction. Good luck  Bob 

• if i needed help urgently i phoned 999 the paramedics would come they have numbers for the help you need never hesitate to call them they are great people.it can be very confusing what to do ,i always though to call them was better than doing nothing.

take care hugs

sharon