question i forgot to ask

Carers only

Looking after a loved one with cancer? This is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and emotions without worrying about upsetting members living with cancer

question i forgot to ask

No. of entries: 6 | Posted on 29 Dec 2012 03:14
  • hi my dad is about to start on SUNITINUB on 23 jan.we have been told its a 6 weeks course (4 weeks on and 2 weeks off ) he has kidney/lung cancer but was unable to have his kidney out as blood count too high on the day .sooo question is has anyone else had experience of this drug ?? and will he be on it forever or do you only get so many goes on it ?? thanks

louise

• Hi Louise yes your Dad will stay on Sutent with the same 6 week treatment cycle while ever it is working and there is every chance that it will.Some people stay on it for several years. You might want to look at the James Whale kidney cancer site too .They have a very useful publication giving details of all treatments available.I think they have a phone line that you can call too.Hope this helps.

Rabbit 18

• Hi Louise

Don't know the answer to your question I'm afraid, my husband had throat cancer, but just wanted to send you a hug xx

• thanks rabbit 18 i just seem to be in a cloud at min not knowing which way to turn.hes never been ill before so this is all alien to us thankfully hes not in pain at min and actually looking forward to chemo !!! think hell change his mind once on it tho :(

louise

• hug warmly received thanks x 

louise

• Hi Louise, 

Not sure I know much about this drug, but do know of someone who was on it for a good few years and did well. 

Sending you a big hug xxx

Page 1 of 1