My husband passed away last evening

Bereaved spouses and partners

For widows, widowers and anyone who has lost a husband, wife, partner or civil partner to cancer.

My husband passed away last evening

No. of entries: 12 | No.of favourites: 0 | Posted on 13 Jul 2013 06:00
  • My wonderful husband passed away. last night  He was only diagnosed on 2oth May 12.  I feel empty.  I dont know how to deal with this

cheryll

• Cheryll,

I am so sorry that you find yourself here like this.  I don't know how to deal with my grief either but be sure that I'm thinking of you and sending you love and support.  There are others on this site who are able to offer words of comfort but they'll all agree that you are sadly in for a long haul and all I can say is that this is a good place to come for help or to sound off when you find that's all you can do.

Take care of yourself at this time,

Aileen

Aileen

• Bless you Cheryl... you are in shock... is anyone with you, a friend or relative to help. You really need someone around at the moment.. But talk to us on here of course. we will always listen anytime at all.

Have you seen your doctor, you really need to if not as he/she will help you as well... and if alone please tell them as someone should be with you.

At the moment all you can do is try to look after yourself... try to eat and try to sleep regularly, it is difficult, but you must try

My sincere condolences Cheryl... stay on and talk if you need to. and please tell us if you are alone.

A virtual hug... Alan.

" MACWARRIORS " attributed to LittleJen early 2013 ... (and borrowed by me ever since). " To take your loved ones forward into your new life safe in your hearts forever " .. (attributed to me early 2013)

• Hi Cheryl, I am so sad to hear about your loss... thinking of you and wishing you didn't have to go through this.

Am fairly new here myself (my other half died in May) but I've already been helped by some lovely, kind and thoughtful people here. For a club that nobody wants to join, it's very friendly and supportive.

Maybe a good place to start is to talk here when you need to - if it helps talking about your husband then go for it. So say what you think, get angry, get upset and know there's very likely to be someone who will listen and understand. And don't try and do too much too quickly - there's lots for you to get your head around and I'm finding that it all takes time.

Am sure you'll get more informed replies than mine, but just wanted to say hello and send you an online hug.

Kez x

• My sympathy goes out to you Cheryl , I lost my better half 3. Weeks ago and the people on here are absolutely brilliant. I was the type just to read stuff and take comfort but found by sharing my grief with these lovely people has been a positive step in the right direction, I'm still very raw myself however, do chat about your loss as it is a comfort to know that others have been through the same and have very wise words of wisdom. My heartfelt condolences Paul. X
    Heart Broken.
  • Oh Cheryl honey.

So sorry for your lose and that you find your self on this site that no one wants to be on.

I hope someone is with you and you have support. It has been 13 months tomorrow since I lost my precious man, This site is a big help and wonderful people on here.

Take each day has it comes, do what you feel you are upto which is probably not much. Keep posting as much as you feel you can, someone will be around to keep you company.

Big hugs and much love to you. xx

• Oh Cheryll, I am so sorry; you must be in terrible shock with such a short time between diagnosis and the end. Just think one hour, or one day ahead at the moment.... you will have so much to organise and do that you will find the days pass ..... remember to eat and to rest. Grief is exhausting, so be prepared for that. All the people who have read you entry will think thinking of you and wishing you strength. ... xxx Penelope xxx
    Penelope
  • Cheryl I,'m so sorry that you find yourself here but you will find friends who understand. Sally x

Click here to find out more

"STRENGTH FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW "
Page 1 of 2 12Next 5 >