ilovehersomuch's blog

• One More Hurdle

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Today I visited my mum in hospital and after being read the wrong notes! I can only say I am glad it was me hearing someelses rather than another poor family being read my mum's because they would have been in shock, gone in with a cold come out with cancer!! Anyway the consultant came to visit whilst I was there with my mum's MRI scan results. Sat there was me and my dad and my mum lying on a bed. The consultant…
  • Not Ready To Let Go

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Today has been a roller coaster of emotion and fears and I am still feeling very frightened, confused and angry. Today my mum ended up back in hospital with high calcium. I am aware that this can happen in the later stages of cancer. Fear took over me, and it still has, that my mum is further towards the end than I had thought and that maybe time is running out quicker than I had thought it would. Does God not know…
  • Race 4 Life

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Today was Race 4 Life in my local area and even though I have ran this rce every year today was even more important to me than it has ever been. I was so proud though as I managed to get my sisters and my nieces and even my newly born great niece togehter to complete the run. I ran it with vigor and shed he odd tear on the way round. Ironically Race 4 Life has always been an important part of who I am now. I first…
  • Tower of Strength

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Thank you to everyone that replies to my blogs, it is such a help and a comfort. I appreciate we are all dealing with issue that are painful and some people who are having a tougher time than us, so I really do appreciate every word that is written. This blog has been my saving grace so far.
  • Consultants forget the Patients

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    As I mentioned previously mum was told by the consultant on Friday that they were no longer going to treat her cancer and everything now would be about palletive care. Fine if thats how it has to be, but the consultants seem to forget they may deal with 100's of patients suffering from this disease a day but my mum and dad have never had to deal with it before. They do not know what is normal, not normal, who they should…